Visiting in 2020
- At this time, visitor numbers to the Caves will be limited with pre-booked tickets. In a change from our usual way of working, we ask that all visits are pre-booked online. Having pre-booked timed slots will allow us to restrict the numbers in the Caves and control the flow of visitors to ensure a safe, calm and happy experience for all our visitors, staff and volunteers.
- All visitors will be required to pre-book (with the exception of children under 4). Pre-booked tickets are non-refundable and non-transferable.
- Members, Blue Light and Forces Card holders and NHS staff will continue to be free but will still need to pre-book slots so that we can ensure numbers are managed.
- Please expect measures to encourage social distancing (such as recommended routes and one-way systems). We will open and close doors at the beginning/end of the day to reduce the need to touch anything!
- Our toilets are open and are cleaned regularly.
- Though we can take cash, we would prefer contactless card payments where possible.
- The café will be open, with a reduced takeaway menu. Find out more here.
We promise to keep you feeling safe by:
- Restricting visitor numbers
- Providing a warm welcome at a distance
- Using one way systems to enable social distancing
- Providing hand sanitiser stations
- Additional cleaning
What we ask of you in return to show you care:
- Book a timed ticket online
- Keep a safe distance from other visitors
- Follow the one-way system and instructions from the team
- Wash your hands for 20 seconds after using facilities
- Use hand sanitiser when necessary